Saturday, September 18, 2010

Fun facts about Rome

Driving in Italy is crazy.
Crosswalk signs and traffic lights are only suggestions.
I take a leap of faith every time I cross the street.
Water is not free, although there are fresh water spigot-style fountains everywhere.
Water is often the same price as wine...tough choice.
I have started to like mineral water (also called water with gas hehe).
Italian women are intimidating, yes, even the old ladies.
Pigeons freak me out and they are everywhere.
Cobblestone roads are super difficult to walk on.
Laundry takes an average of 3 to 6 hours just to wash.
Italian men do not understand that "no" in Italian means the same thing as no in English.
Road signs are very cryptic.
I still have no sense of direction (Rachel, my roommate, and I should not be left alone to find our way home).
Gelato is amazing and I have it almost everyday!

2 comments:

  1. Just love all your posts -- keep them coming. It's like I'm there with you although I can only try to visualize what you are seeing!! -- Charlene

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just remember the episode of modern family where there was a pigeon and a certain tennis racket scene. - Dad

    ReplyDelete